The ASI Archive
What should be expected of the new i-SIGMA?
Dig Deep to Reach High
As a vendor member of both NAID and PRISM, I see this merger as a window of revitalization. Another way to say it – and I’m quoting 13-year-old poet and motivational speaker Mattie J.T. Stepanek, is: “Unity is strength. When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” I believe this is true. It’s my hope – it’s my expectation – that through this new partnership, NAID and PRISM will be able to reach great heights. Allow me to explain.
I’m expecting the i-SIGMA leadership to achieve great heights by digging deep. I’m expecting them to take member inventory to identify what each category of membership values in its membership. With that information, I’m expecting them to critically examine whether these are being provided, or how they might be better provided under the new structure.
As an example, Andrews Software, Inc. is a long-time and active vendor member of both PRISM International and NAID. For this support, we receive a great deal of value. At the top of the list is the opportunity to network with industry leaders and exposure to potential new customers during annual events. The reality is that, as industry consolidation continues to grow, traffic in the exhibit hall continues to shrink. It’s the cycle of the business. It is a reality, however, that I hope will drive i-SIGMA leadership to think creatively about how it might be able to cultivate opportunities for company members and vendors to engage in new and different ways to boost value for both during these events – and beyond them.
“None of us is as smart as all of us.”
A quote from author & management expert Ken Blanchard says, “None of us is as smart as all of us.” The decision to join NAID and PRISM is, in my opinion, the first of what I’m sure will be many smart decisions. As a vendor member, I look forward to hearing more on the “move forward” plan from the leadership of both PRISM and NAID as they complete the logistical steps needed to finalize the merger. I also look forward to continuing to support both PRISM and NAID to help ensure that i-SIGMA is recognized as the pre-eminent body representing the interests of its membership. I don’t think we should expect anything less.
Tech Tip: ASI Mobile & Med Waste - A Proven Partnership
ASI Proud to Sponsor NAID Shred School – Again!
Go Team! 10 Quotes to Inspire Great Teamwork
- “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” –Vince Lombardi
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” –Michael Jordan
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” –Andrew Carnegie
- “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” –Helen Keller
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” –Henry Ford
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” –Henry Ford
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” –Phil Jackson
- “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.” –Mike Schmoker
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” –Louisa May Alcott
- “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” –Mike Krzyzewski
Great to see you at the PRISM Summit!
To say the ASI team was excited to head to the PRISM Summit earlier this month would be an understatement. Swapping our fleece for flip flops was a welcome relief! The Summit did not disappoint. It was great to connect with clients, colleagues and prospects curious to know whether ASI solutions will work for their businesses. Our fedoras are off to the PRISM team and leadership!