ASI Users Seminar Savings
Scott Bidwell, President/COO
I titled this month's article "ASI Users Seminar Savings" for a few reasons.
- Submit your registration form by August 1st to save on your registration fee. We strive to provide the maximum educational and networking value into our 2-day event, while keeping it as affordable as possible. By registering early, you'll take full advantage of the value offered by this year's Seminar.
- You'll save time and headaches because you'll have gained the latest techniques and tips for efficient use of your ASI solutions such as Veri-Shred, VCK-SQL and VVKweb-NET. You'll also have the inside track on what's new and what's coming such as ASI Mobile 3 for records centers.
- Not only will we feature ASI-centric education, we've also packed the agenda with industry-specific content designed to save you dollars and potential risk. For example,
Brian Jungeberg of the Oswald Companies will be on-hand for an in-depth discussion on Privacy Liability and Your Business and will share information invaluable for proper coverage of your growing business.
- Save significant dollars by booking your your accommodations at our host hotel, the luxurious Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade. Book by August 23rd to take advantage of the specially negotiated and exceptional rate of $119 single/double for ASI Users Seminar attendees.
These are just a few of the ways you'll save by acting now to register you and your staff to attend this year's Users Seminar. For the full agenda, including session descriptions, speaker profiles and accommodations details, click here to download your copy of the ASI Users Seminar brochure.
And although Cleveland may be taking its hits in the media these days (thanks LeBron!), the ASI Team and I look forward to showing you all that this year's Users Seminar - and Cleveland - have to offer this September.
Back to Top
Cold Calls Suck !
Ray Barry, President, Total Training Services
Growing your business in the records storage and the destruction industries is all about making a "connection". It is about building long-term relationships. Clients will not do business with you until they know, like, and trust you. The more the probable purchaser likes you, the more likely they will buy from you. Building a successful records management or shredding business is not about "short-term gain". Great sales professionals think “strategic” or long-term. If you want to be different and stand apart, become a resource for your clients, not a stereotypical sales person or entrepreneur.
As we know by now, the records storage or destruction decision is made in the boardroom, not on the back docks. The real decision makers do not have time to meet with everyone who calls them. They are only going to meet with the sales professionals they think have a “value” to them or are perceived as a “resource”. If you think cold calling is the best way to get in front of these decision makers, I hope you don't have many competitors. Why? Because they will be getting in at a higher level, while you may be blending in with everyone else who cold calls. When you cold call you have no perceived value – unless you happen to call on the very small percentage of your market that is in a “buy now” mode.
We built our business to over 30 trucks with no cold calls. It can be done. I have not made a cold call in 10 years because there are better ways.
Here are some reasons why cold calls don't work:
- It is not the best way to start a connection or long-term relationship.
- How many life-long friends are made cold calling?
- Real decision makers don't have time for cold calls and they resent the people that do them.
- When you cold call, you come across as "too needy" for the sale.
- Your competitors cold call. Do you want to "blend in," or "stand apart?"
- You are interrupting someone's day when you cold call and it makes you look insincere because you are not thinking about THEM.
- Cold calling leads to frustration and apathy for the people that do them, resulting in turnover.
In order to compete less for accounts, you must "position more."
The 3 best ways to grow without cold calls are:
- Aftermarketing to your current clients (i.e. newsletters, surveys).
- Referrals (Active, Passive, and Referrals on Steroids)
- Networking - THE BEST!
Think about it this way - would you ask someone who didn't already know you for a date over the phone? Then why do it in business?
If you'd like to contact Ray directly, call Total Training Services at 864-699-0701 or send an email to email@example.com.
Back to Top
ASI Team Talk
There's always plenty of work to keep us busy at the ASI offices; however, it's good to take a break and enjoy special events and milestones enjoyed by our co-workers such as anniversaries, weddings, or perhaps a birthday.
Happy Birthday Patty!
It was the latter that took us to a local Mexican restaurant earlier this month to raise a toast to Patty Nagel on her birthday. Feliz Cumpleaños Patty!
Welcome Aboard Andrea!
It's full-time and full steam ahead for Customer Support Representative Andrea Villasenor! We are pleased to promote Andrea from part-time customer support to full-time status, effective July 16th. Welcome aboard Andrea!
Back to Top
24/7 Software Support
Have an issue you need assistance with? Get help today by visiting our online Support Center with FAQs and more. Don't see an answer to your problem? Create a support trouble ticket. One of our support staff will respond within 24 hours, plus you can view the status of your support question at any time simply by logging in!
Back to Top
If you know someone at your office who should be receiving The ASI Archive, please take a moment to register them and we'll be sure to add them to our distribution list. If you would like to no longer receive the newsletter please click